|Audiology & Balance Center Home|
|Services We Provide|
|Meet Our Audiologists|
|Hearing & Hearing Loss|
|Dizziness and Imbalance|
|Accreditation & Public Awareness|
|Adult Audiology Questionnare|
|Adult CAP Questionnaire|
|ENG & ABR Instructions|
|Tinnitus Handicap Inventory|
|Tinnitus History Questionnaire|
|Pediatric Hearing Questionnaire|
|Pediatric CAP Questionnaire|
Center of Excellence - Audiology and Balance Center
Southwest Oklahoma Hearing Center
Southwest Oklahoma Hearing Center is a diagnostic and (re)habilitative audiology clinic that serves pediatric through geriatric populations. We guide our patients through a thorough evaluation of their communication and medical history to assist in determining their communication needs and deficits.
A formal audiological assessment is performed by one of our certified doctors of audiology. This evaluation process extends significantly beyond the basic assessment of how quiet a patient can hear. This evaluation encompasses a battery of tests that evaluate the complex system of the outer, middle and inner ear function as well as the function up through the brainstem and to the brain which processes all of this intricate information instantaneously. These auditory signals that have traveled through this elaborate system to be interpreted as speech for communication, noises in our environment and even music.
4920 SW Lee Blvd.
1015 E. Broadway
- Hearing Aid Assessment and Fitting - Following diagnosis, we discuss the options for the appropriate amplification that may fit your specific needs.
- Diagnostic audiological assessments from newborn to Adult.
- Balance Assessment – Evaluation to determine cause of vertigo or imbalance. Determines integrity of the auditory and vestibular system and can rule out an asymmetry between the inner ears.
- Tinnitus Assessment - Evaluation leading to the appropriate recommendations and medical referrals if needed.
- Auditory Brainstem Response - Evaluations for assessment of hearing in infants and for neurological
evaluation of the auditory system.
- Otoacoustic Emissions – Objective measurement of outer hair cell (cochlear) function.
- Tympanometry – Objective measurement of middle ear function.
- Electronystagmography - Evaluation of the balance system.
- Real Ear Measurement – Objective measurements of hearing aid function with device turned on and situated in the patient’s ear.
- Hearing Aid Repair – In office (minor) repairs and manufacture (major) repair.
- Hearing Aid Evaluation in Sound Field – Comparison measurements of patient’s speech understanding in a sound booth with hearing aids and without hearing aids.
- Custom Earmolds for hearing aids, swim plugs, noise protection, musician's plugs, and other custom applications.
Treatments and Procedures
- Hearing Aids
- Limited imbalance treatment (benign proximal positional vertigo)
- Better Hearing Institute
<< Back to top